Art collectors, many of whom were artists themselves, have donated their collections to the New Mexico Museum of Art.
- Lucy Lippard Collection: American feminist, minimalist and political works of art
- Rick Dillingham Collection: Dillingham’s personal collection of art that includes work by important contemporary artists with an emphasis on historic and contemporary ceramics
- Jane Reese Williams Collection: endowed collection of the work of mainly women photographers of the Southwest and the world
- Eliot Porter Collection: large collection of Porter photographs from the estate
- Gustave Baumann Collection: works on paper, oil paintings, furniture and marionettes
- Donald Beauregard Collection: a comprehensive survey of his art from his estate
- New Deal Art Collection: repository of New Deal Art by New Mexico artists
- New Mexico Photographic Survey Collection: collection of photographs taken from 1981 to 1983 depicting New Mexico by New Mexican artists
- Phillips Collection: a significant selection of California artists from the end of the 20th century
- The Dorothy and Herbert Vogel Collection
- New Mexico Farm Administration Photography Collection
- New Mexico Council on Photography Collection
- Wayne R. Lazorik University Photography Collection
- Richard Rudisill Photography Collection
For more information about the donation of art collections, watch the video below or contact the appropriate curator.