Summer hours: may through october
- Open 10 AM – 5 PM Saturday through Thursdays. Fridays open 10 AM – 7 PM most weeks
November through April
- Closed Mondays
- Open Tuesday-Sunday, 10 AM -5 PM.
- Open late 5-7PM on the First Friday of each month
Winter weather conditions may require the museum to close. Please contact the front desk at 505-476-5063.
The museum is closed:
- January 1
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Call ahead if you plan to visit on Christmas Eve or New Years Eve as we usually close early on those days.
- General admission: $12. New Mexico residents with ID: $7.
- Some special exhibitions or events may require an additional fee
- Group admission is $8 for parties of 10 or more
- A $30 CulturePass allows you to visit each of the state museums and historic sites once during a 12-month period.
- Children 16 and under are admitted free
- New Mexico foster parents and foster children are admitted free
- Museum of New Mexico Foundation members are admitted free
- New Mexico residents 60 and older are admitted free on Wednesdays with ID.
- School Groups, including all chaperones, are admitted free. Call 505-396-0643 to schedule your group visit.
- New Mexico residents are admitted free on the first Sunday of each month
- New Mexico residents are admitted free every Friday 5 – 7 PM May through October, with ID.
- All guests admitted free from 5-7 PM on the First Friday of every month
24 Hr. Recorded Message: (505) 476-5072
Front desk: (505) 476-5063
Santa Fe Pickup
This free shuttle takes you around the downtown area, including the Santa Fe Depot, in front of the museum (ask to get off at the Plaza), and at the State Capitol/PERA building area. The Pick-Up also provides a connection to Museum Hill, home of the Museum of International Folk Art, the Museum of Indian Arts and Culture, and the Museum of Spanish Colonial Art. For the latest schedule please contact the City of Santa Fe’s website.
New Mexico Rail Runner Express
The museum is a pleasant half-mile walk from the Santa Fe Depot, or brief shuttle ride from the Santa Fe Depot at the Railyard. The Rail Runner provides daily commuter-train service from Albuquerque, Belen, Bernalillo, Kewa (Santo Domingo) Pueblo and Los Lunas to Santa Fe.
Santa Fe Trails
The museum is located just around the corner from the downtown transit center on Sheridan Street, which is served by routes 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, M and P. The M Bus serves Museum Hill, where the Museum of International Folk Art, the Museum of Indian Arts and Culture, the Museum of Spanish Colonial Art, and the Wheelwright Museum are located. For the latest schedule please contact the City of Santa Fe’s transit division.
The City of Santa Fe offers street parking and garages in several locations downtown and in the Railyard.Learn More